Restaurant and Bar Hosts at Homewood
a beautiful country hideaway near Bath
We are delighted to share a unique opportunity to join our growing front of house team at the new Homewood, our country retreat just 15 minutes from Bath. Homewood is going through an exciting period of change and has been restyled to create a restful, country retreat. We are looking for creative, passionate people to join us in the restaurant and at the bar to host our guests and create happy, memorable experiences for all who come through our doors.
A role with us at Homewood will be the perfect first step for anyone who is looking to discover a career in a fun, creative industry where people are at the heart of all we do.
Homewood is the newest addition to The Kaleidoscope Collection; an independently-owned Collection of hotels that has creativity, playful eccentricity and innovation at its core. Each property, while in possession of its own unique personality exudes a love for life, an all-important sense of humour and a little bit of mischief.
Homewood people love to feast and forage, have their foodie heroes and will be confident to guide guests through our Homewood menus as developed by Marc Hardiman, our talented Executive Chef. Behind the bar, we understand the concept of a perfect serve; imparting passion and knowledge and creating drinking experiences to delight our guests, adding garnishes harvested from our garden as part of our seasonal serve.
Our people are talented individualists often with a story to tell, with a plethora of artisan interests. They might be artists, wine purveyors, interested in travel and adventure but all our Homewood people have a flair for hosting with warm, effortless style. If you can envisage being part of our next chapter in the life at Homewood and would like to join us as we open our doors to our guests this Spring, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected], explaining why you would be particularly suitable to join us.
Character, style and apitude
- Warm guest hosting, comfortable style
- Passion for Food & Beverage within an artisan, luxury, countryside hotel setting
- Ability to learn and grow within a Food & Beverage role
- Appreciation for innovation in our industry as well as enduring respect and passion for the classics and where we originate from
- Knowledge, love and understanding of fresh food and artisan cooking
- Knowledge, skill and confidence behind the bar
- Love, knowledge and respect for art, architecture, interior design
- Passion for sustainability – respecting nature, food, energy
- Ability to set an example in guest hosting
- Reliable and committed, smart and presentable
- Awareness of fine details – ensuring guest needs are always well attended to
- Ability to coach, train, teach and learn
- Confidence to rise to a challenge and grow through change
- Ability to find a solution – practical or otherwise, recognising that not everything is perfect all the time, but we can always make things work
- Access to personal transport is a real requirement for our remote country location
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits for our team
- Company pension