Operations Manager at Homewood,
a Beautiful Country Retreat
We are delighted to share a unique opportunity to join our growing team of people at the new Homewood, our country retreat just 15 minutes from Bath. Homewood is going through an exciting period of change, expansion and growth, offering the right person a chance to play an important part in the future of the business.
As the newest member of the independently-owned Kaleidoscope Collection, renowned for pushing the boundaries and innovating in the competitive hotel sector, warm hosting and creating memorable experiences are integral to this new role.
The Operations Manager will work closely with our Managing Director to oversee the smooth running of our country house day to day. It’s the perfect step up for anyone with boutique hotel experience in the luxury sector, who has managed a team of people in food and beverage or rooms and is now able to comfortably take on a broader management role.
As Operations Manager you will oversee all departments, ensuring teams are inspired, supported, encouraged and coached. We are looking for a confident and capable team player who supports individualism and creativity and encourages people to play to their strengths and grow within our team. You’ll be confident in overseeing the management of rooms and the day to day running of our restaurant and bar; deputising for the Managing Director when they are away from the property.
Personality, passion and calm proactivity will be vital attributes for this role as will the ability to create happy, long-lasting experiences for all who walk through our doors. If you’ve already been part of a team who understands hosting, have developed a warm, almost effortless style and can envisage yourself being part of the next chapter of the Homewood story – we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Character, style and ability
- Warm guest hosting, comfortable style
- People management experience (F&B or Rooms)
- Ability to learn and grow within a broad operations management role
- Appreciation for innovation in our industry as well as enduring respect and passion for the classics and where we originate
- Passion for F&B within an artisan, luxury, countryside hotel setting
- Knowledge, love and understanding of fresh food and artisan cooking
- Knowledge, skill and confidence behind the bar
- Love, knowledge and respect for art, architecture, interior design
- Ability to manage rotas and cost across departments – ensuring guest service is not impaired by our commitment to commerciality
- Passion for sustainability – respecting people, nature, food and energy
- Ability to set an example in guest hosting, people leadership and personal ownership
- Ability to pay attention to the finest details for guests and our people
- Ability to coach, train, teach and learn
- Confidence to rise to a challenge and grow through change
- Ability to find a solution – practical or otherwise, recognising that not everything is perfect all the time, but we can always make things work
- Access to personal transport is a real requirement for our remote country location
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme - based on budgetary targets for the property
- Group benefits for our team
- Company pension